Tuesday, June 16, 2015

CURRENTLY READING: Week of June 14, 2015

     Hello fellows!
 
     It's been yet again a long time since I last posted, but I guess graduating elementary school can be very overpowering. Here I am, and I come bearing the books I've been reading.

     If you've seen on my right sidebar, there is a list of books I've been "currently reading". The problem is, those are sort of, kind of the books I've started reading this year, but that doesn't mean I'm still reading them as of now. Temporarily, I've put down:
 
Title: I Am Malala
Author: Malala Yousafzai
Reason for put-down: I tend to read more romance, fantasy and dystopian novels but this one didn't necessarily fit into either of these categories. I don't usually read autobiographies and memoirs, causing me a difficulty in progressing with this book.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Title: Days of Blood and Starlight
Author: Laini Taylor
Reason for put-down: I needed a fast-pace, action-packed book at the time I was reading it, but I didn't even get to reach the middle nor the climax before I set it down. Not saying it was boring, but it lacked communication between the two protagonists. Of course, it was the author's purpose to raise interest when the characters actually/finally do meet but I just didn't have the effort to trudge through this so my copy will not being picked up any time soon.
 
 
 
 
 
Title: The Night Circus
Author: Erin Morgenstern
Reason for put-down: I forgot that I was reading it. That's simply it. I usually read my books in their physical form, on my iPad's iBooks app and my BlueFire Reader app for Netgalley reads. Rarely do I read books on my iPod's iBooks, and my copy of this book just so happened to be located there. At first, I would read it everyday of that week, but less and less over time due to my forgetfulness of its existence. It has nothing to do with the content, but basically where my edition lies.
 
 
 
 
Title: Legend
Author: Marie Lu
Reason for put-down: I had at first started reading this around December 2014, but I stopped because it acted as first as a book to read after I finished one book and was waiting for the next to arrive. When I found another book to read, one that I had wanted to read more than this one, I put Legend down. Yet again started to read it this year. I guess this is considered both a "put-down" and a "currently reading" book. I put it down for now, as my final tests and projects were piling up, but I've been into picking it back up for a while now. It's definitely high on my next reads.
 
 
 
Title: Some Kind of Normal
Author: Juliana Stone
Reason for put-down: I started reading this book during my Quebec trip, but when it ended, I completely forgot about this read (provided by NetGalley). When I was searching through my iPod, looking for some place to clear the storage space, I found my BlueFire Reader app and I remembered my copy. I've, since then, been gradually starting to flip through the pages in the book (of course, not literally because it's an ebook).
 
 
 
 
     *claps* Thank you, thank you. I, too, am proud of myself for posting today. It's been an honor to share my bookshelf news, and I'll see you soon!

      That's all for my post, and remember: you should be a tree; they have awesome afterlives.

No comments:

Post a Comment