Saturday, March 28, 2015

FINISHED: Shadow and Bone

     Hello fellows!

     Judging by the title of this post, I've obviously finished Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. After less than a week, I'VE COMPLETED READING IT. I know I shouldn't really be rejoicing about such a little accomplishment, but after all: NO ACCOMPLISHMENT IS TOO SMALL.

     To summarize the book in its entirety, three words I would use to describe it would be: captivating, enthralling and fast-paced (if that considered one word). I love-love-LOVE this book. But, I'll save its praise from me for the actual review/talk.

Title: Shadow and Bone
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Publisher: Henry Holt & Co.
Date Released: June 5, 2012
Number of Pages: 368
Summary:
Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha . . . and the secrets of her heart.

Shadow and Bone is the first installment in Leigh Bardugo's Grisha Trilogy.

     There you go, folks. This is the little informative blurb about the book, I hope the summary itself hooks you in. If not, just wait for my review. I anticipate for you to desire the book as well.

     That's all for my post, and remember: you should be a tree; they have awesome afterlives.

No comments:

Post a Comment