Monday, February 2, 2015

GOALS: Week of February 1, 2015

     Hello fellows!

     My daily post for today is my "Currently Reading" list for the first week of February.

     They are:
 
Title: Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Author: Laini Taylor
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Date Released: September 27, 2011
Number of Pages: 418
Summary:
 Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grows dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.

When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?
 
 
Title: The Winner's Curse
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux
Date Released: March 4, 2014
Number of Pages: 355
Summary:
As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions.

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin.

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined.

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.
 
     For "Daughter of Smoke and Bone", I recently went to Chapters Queensway and bought this book and "Shadow and Bone". I already have e-books for the entire series of DSB so I decided to read those first. When I have the chance to buy the rest of the Grisha trilogy, I'll read it then. The truth is, I don't like reading the first book without the guarantee I have access to the second. This is because when I finish the first book, I like to immediately start the next and figure out what happens after.
 
     For "The Winner's Curse", my friend recommended it to me so I got an e-book of it. Also, on my NetGalley account *visit here*, I received an e-book of the second novel coming out in March, The Winner's Crime. So, I am more determined to finish this book rather than the first.
 
     That's all for my post, and remember: you should be a tree; they have awesome afterlives.

No comments:

Post a Comment