Saturday, February 21, 2015

CURRENTLY READING: The Winner's Curse

     Hello fellows!
 
     Currently, I've picked up again The Winner's Curse, by Marie Rutkoski. With "picked up again", I mean that I've started reading this  book at the beginning of the year but just never got so invested in it that I finished it. Maybe it is because I've bought other books that I've been dying to read that I put aside this book or maybe because  my life had been so hectic I forgot about it. It's definitely not because it's boring.

Title: The Winner's Curse
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux
Date Released: March 4, 2014
Number of Pages: 355
Summary:
Winning what you want may cost you everything you love 

As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions.

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin.

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined.

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.
 
     Anyways, I've received a NetGalley copy of the second book, The Winner's Crime *Goodreads here* and decided it's time to finally start to read and review it before its release date. Also, yes I do know I'm reading two books at once: Daughter of Smoke and Bone PLUS The Winner's Curse. I know that many of you guys don't like to read two books at once because it sometimes perplexes you with the multiple storylines. Although I have this opinion too, I don't mind reading an ebook and an actual, physical book at the same time. The Winner's Curse is my ebook while Daughter of Smoke and Bone is my physical copy.

     This is all I'm reading going to say for this post, WAIT. I have something else to tell you.

     I AM COMPLETELY, UTTERLY, TRULY SORRY FOR NOT POSTING A REVIEW FOR HEIR OF FIRE YET. When I wanted to review this book, I kind of needed the actual BOOK itself in order for me to do so (I didn't want to make any misdirected references to the book just in case if I reviewed it while lacking the copy). I borrowed Heir of Fire from my friend as my other friend was reading Crown of Midnight. My other friend finished Crown of Midnight around the time I finished Heir of Fire, so I needed to give her a copy. Yes, yes I know I could have just reviewed the book while it was in my possession but I didn't have the time (homework and stuff) because my other friend needed it the next day.

     I promise from here on out, the absolute second I buy Heir of Fire from Indigo, I will go straight to my laptop and review it. The problem is, I'm broke and have no money whatsoever left to spend on my books. So this review will probably be out in a month or so. Don't hold me that though. I did promise to review when I get it, but I DIDN'T promise to get it anytime soon. I will however, be posting my reviews for The Winner's Curse and The Winner's Crime when I finish them in the spirit of NetGalley. Sorry again.

     That's all for my post, and remember: you should be a tree; they have awesome afterlives.

No comments:

Post a Comment